Friday 10 June 2016

Mint Lemonade

I took a month's break from blogging after the month-long mega marathon. I hadn't planned to but the situation at home turned tensed with close-ones falling sick. So this break was quite refreshing for me and helped me get back with my normal routine.


This month's blogging marathon I am starting off with some summer coolers. Staying in the southern part of India, I have experienced very hot summers. And there are a lot of grandma recipes for summer coolers or cool drinks that I haven't yet blogged about. So when Valli announced "summer coolers" as one of the topics for this month's BM, I immediately chose this category.

The first post I am posting is a recipe that has been traditionally followed and made quite often in our households. It is the mint lemonade. This used to be made very frequently - I should say almost everyday since both mint and lemon was easily available. This is a very easy summer drink and quite healthy too.


Ingredients:

Lemon - 1
Mint leaves - handful
Sugar - 4 tsp
Salt - a pinch
Water - 2 cups
Ice cubes - few


Method:


  • Squeeze the juice out of the lemon.
  • In a juicer, add the lemon juice, mint leaves, salt, sugar and 1 glass of water.
  • Pulse for 5-10 seconds.
  • Strain the juice and remove the mint leaves. 
  • Add another glass of water and mix well.
  • Serve with ice cubes.



Notes:

  • We can also add soda instead of water.
  • Adding ginger to this drink will make it an excellent detox drink.











Check out the Blogging Marathon page for the other Blogging Marathoners doing this BM#65

11 comments:

  1. Mint and lemon - perfect for summer.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Super refreshing drink, a prefect thirsty quencher.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Refreshing drink. My son loves Lemonade

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love this drink and your pictures have come out good..

    ReplyDelete
  5. That is a perfect drink for summer! Loved the combination :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Perfect drink on a hot day.

    ReplyDelete
  7. That is a perfect summer thirst quencher Ruchi.

    ReplyDelete
  8. I always add mint to my lemonade - great combo!

    ReplyDelete
  9. This good old recipe is such a refreshing drink in summers.

    ReplyDelete